10 things I miss during this past year.
The year 2020 came with a great amount of limitations, especially to me. Almost since the beginning of the new year I had to cut off things that I used to love doing, or I needed to adjust to a totally new to me lifestyle. The transition was relatively smooth. I wouldn't say there are things that I am desperate about, yet there are definitely a few things from my old life that new me misses.
1) A glass of good red wine. No explanation needed.
2) Love life - paranoia free.
3) My charcuterie! The mere indulgence of enjoying a chunky piece -or ten- of salami, lomo, prosciutto, a decent portion of authentic sushi or a strong blue cheese dip along with my hot buffalo wings basket. Just the thing!
4) Waking up in the morning having devoured a 20-piece bucket of fried chicken wings the night before guilt-free, with a flawless looking belly and an ab-crack trace. A girl can always dream!
5) Clean and smooth skin, free of rashes, redness, spider-veins or roughness. Talking about the tell-tale glowing look [..] not happening, like ever.
6) My essential oils sBlendid therapeutic properties! It's no secret I love my blends of carrier and essential oils; all oils in general. From cooking, to hair masks, aromatherapy, to facials and so on. Herbal life you are missed.
7) A beauté day with myself and only. I haven't done my nails for a very-very long time. The closest I've come to cosmetics during this time was most likely a facial cleanser and a belly rubber. I am craving a head to toe make-over. Soon!
8) Exercising, bending, standing up without crawling over furniture, jumping and generally walking ache-free. Being able to sleep on my back again would be a plus.
9) Taking more risks, being able to hug people again and be close to them physically once more. Safety was our priority during this past year. We may have exaggerated at times taking extreme measures against all odds, but at the end of the day everything we did was in our best interest. Not a good time to take risks, even though I miss being more fearless and living carefree. Ignorance and playing against the rules is simply a sign of negligence and we don't get to be reckless at this time.
10) Last but not least, being comfortable in my own skin. It may sound harsh, but this pandemic has left even bigger scars in my body and soul than a pregnancy could. The prolonged quarantine, the lack of movement and freedom, the constant stress. I feel like I aged 10 years in 6 months! I don't usually stare myself in the mirror, but I look forward to this random morning that I will look at the mirror and find myself sexy again. Whatever that means.